12.05.2010

Picture of times to come


We received 5 inches of snow on November 21! It is so pretty, but wow! What a pain! I managed to leave work a little early so it took me 2 hours to get home, but Matt on the other hand, took over 4 hours to get home! It is just awful--as a former Minnesotan, you kind of took the plows/salt/sanders for granted--usually you weren't snowed in to long. Here, though, there are so few plows, no salters and just a few sanders--that when it snows, the whole area is at a standstill. With the hilly roads it does get a little scary out there.

So, with the advent of all the snow, I stayed home with the girls--a snow day! I don't think I have had a snow day since I was a junior in High School!

Too bad we were unprepared--winter clothing-wise we have nothing, so I didn't get a chance to even take them outside! Oh well, I guess we will have plenty of time to do that after we move!

No comments: