5.17.2010

Green Thumb in check!


Saturday was absolutely the best day ever! It was gorgeous outside, and I was so excited to try out my green thumb. I am not sure if things are going to grow, but I planted a few vegetables, flowers and plants--oh my! I woke up super early and went shopping to pick up some gardening goodies and got home all before anyone else woke up! I am not sure why I was so excited, but it was like Christmas morning for me! I set up some planters, filled them with a variety of stuff and I planted vegetables down below ((and if you look closely enough, you will see the top of my composter!)) I am not sure if everything will survive, since I didn't do a lot of research, but we will see. I also want to put some shrubs in between the pots, however I need to read up on what would work near the rocks. In due time I will get to it. In the mean time, Matt and I are basking in the beautiful backyard we have created. We even put in solar LED lights which are great at night! As dorky as we are, we sat outside and enjoyed them for a good 10 minutes after the sun went down!
After my exciting time of planting, we went to the Cooleys were Cassidy and Christopher had their 16th birthday gathering! Good times!

No comments: