7.19.2009

Down and out in the Valley



Poor little Annika has come down with quite a cold. She is draining from her eyes and nose; but it doesn't seem to phase her too much. She is still the hyper, active crazy little girl....just a little more tired. She just looks so miserable! She has also had a low fever off and on for the last two days (about 100 degrees). Her eyes have been draining so much that it looks like she got in a fight--the rough and tumbly little one she is, it wouldn't be hard to believe!

Because of this, we stayed home all weekend--in between chasing Annika around with a Kleenex, I put a dent in organizing the baby's room and Matt worked on his thesis.

It was rather hot out; in the 80's, making me uncomfortable too. It was too bad that Annika was feeling sickly, otherwise we would have attempted the pool again. We didn't even go for our nightly walks, as it was just so uncomfortable and I know I would have swelled up--I can't even wear my wedding rings in this heat anymore! I swear, if we keep having kids like we are, I will spend more time not wearing my wedding rings than wearing them!

We are going to see how Annika is doing in the morning and reassess the situation; and perhaps take her to the doctor. I think she either has allergies or just a bad cold. Being that she is already on antibiotics, I am not sure what else the doctor could do. Either way, I am going to give him a call tomorrow and see if he has any suggestions. Perhaps she has a sinus infection? Everything I read said that it could last 5-7 days. Grr!

We also recieved some disturbing news; Annika's Great-Grandma Erickson is in the hospital. She was having issues with her calcium levels, and is in for observation and tests. From my understanding, she is doing okay; but please wish her well!

I hope everyone has a good week, and also wish Annika well!

No comments: