6.04.2009

Melting away...

I hope everyone is doing good out there in net land! We have been just busy living life. The temperatures here have been record breaking, and needless to say, in a place that says air conditioning is worthless has never been pregnant. And where is the rain? I thought all it ever does is rain here....

Anyway, we have been MIA because of the heat, it is uncomfortable to go upstairs in our house to add to the blog. To top off the horribly hot weather, Matt and I do not have screens on our windows (which should be rectified this weekend), making things absolutely miserable. We are managing though---and for this weekend it is supposed to get down to a blustery 70 degrees, a welcome change from the 85+ degree weather (and an average of 84 in our house).

I have taken pictures, however, like I said, I am not about to spend anymore time upstairs than necessary these days. The swelling of my hands and ankles are enough to keep me downstairs. So, I tell you, I will get them up. So stop nagging.

Matt has been working really hard at work lately; he has been required to work 6 day work weeks, and possibly need to work Sundays soon. Not fun!

Annika is cute as ever, but of course mischievous as ever, getting into everything all the time. I still can't keep her away from the cat food--surely this will be a habit she will not hear the end of when she gets older! With the warm weather, we have been dressing her in skirts and shorts a lot lately--such a little girl, but as I mentioned before, it is a little scary--like a little Matt in a skirt! She has also been enjoying going outside a lot, and we have fell into a routine that every evening after supper we go for a walk around the neighborhood. I know this is something that she is going to miss when it starts raining out again.

I have been good. With the exception of the premature swelling (due to the heat), the pregnancy is going well. The little kung foo fighter likes to squirm a lot--no doubt, he/she is going to be a lot like his/her big sister. I had a Dr.'s appointment a week ago, and everything is moving along nicely. I am in maternity clothes now, which is never fun in my book.

Anyway, gotta get going now, but I hope everyone is staying cool out there! And I swear, I will try to get some pics on soon!

p.s. for those of you who don't know...air conditioning is rather rare in WA....not many people have it...this morning's news said to "go to a movie, go to the mall--any public place with air"

No comments: