6.21.2010

Annika's first haircut!


After few haphazard attempts of me trimming Annika's bangs, we decided that it was time to get a real haircut. Now, I didn't really want to cut the curly q's she had going on, but I barely can style my own hair, let alone an antsy 2 year's. So, off to the kiddie haircutting place we went. Annika was less than thrilled. Surprisingly, though, she didn't through a fit. Since it was something that she had never experienced before, she didn't know what to expect. She was actually very still for the hairdresser, and didn't move too much. She actually was not at all animated--the hairdresser even asked if she ever talked!! Little does she know....

Once Annika got a little comfortable, she started to move around a little, much to my dismay. But those tricky places--she pulled out a sucker! Annika has never had one of those before either! That seemed to keep her occupied--that coupled with Dora on the little TV.

When it was all said and done, I did something I never thought I would do--I kept a lock of my little baby's hair. (Seriously?!?) They even put it in a little baggie and attached it to a card. I think I had a harder time with her getting her hair cut than she did. Just another milestone to remind me she is on the fast track to becoming a girl and away from a toddler.

No comments: