2.20.2010

They grow so fast!

At the zoo today, Matt and I really realized how much our girls have grown. I know it sounds like a cliche, but they really do grow so fast. I can not believe it! I was actually in tears when I saw this picture of Annika:

Here, after Daddy showed her how to get to the top of a slide just once, she waved him off, insisting on going up the path by herself.
Annika just loved it--she went up the path and down the slide at least a dozen times, all by herself. And the slides were not small--they were at least 1 1/2 stories tall, about 30 feet long. It was fun to see her being Ms. Independent, but sad at the same time.
Annika isn't the only little girl acting like a big girl. Knowing Brooke was tired of her carseat while we were en route to the zoo, I decided to put her in stroller without the seat. She loved it! She definitely was a fan of being able to check things out! How did she grow so fast? Where as the time gone?

1 comment:

Joe G said...

Wow Annika is fearless! She needs to hang out with her cuz more often so she can train her in on being such a stud on the slides!