9.08.2009

MIA

Athena has been not feeling the love lately. Annika has discovered (much to our dismay) that Athena has a tail and it is often times easy to pull. Constantly, Annika is a hellion to poor Athena. To seek refuge, Athena likes to spend the evenings outside, coming in as Matt and I go to bed.
Well, last night there was no Athena to be found. This has happened in the past before, and she has spent a night or two outside, just to be on the door stoop in the morning. This morning was quite different....no sign of Athena. No telltale sounds of the bell on her collar; nothing. Likewise, no sign of her when we got home from work. As I type, we still don't know where she is.
Now, I am a personal believer that cats know things that we don't. I think she knows that I am going to go into labor soon, and rather than like her species to go and hide--she is hiding for me. Of course, this is what I hope anyway (for selfish reasons too, of course :) ). I just hope that she finds her way home! Just last week I got her a tag with her name, address and phone number on it; so hopefully she or someone will find her way home soon.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

:( Sad! Poor Athena, I'm sure she's fine. Maybe she went back to the apartment! =) OR, maybe the townhouse in Apple Valley. You'll be on the Today show next year discussing your cat's amazing journey! =)

Kent Heaner said...

who is Mia and why does she have youre cat?