4.22.2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!


I can not believe a year ago Annika came into our lives! She has grown so much so fast, Matt and I are still bewildered that she is a whole year old!

Annika knew it was a special day; Mommy had a hard time realizing she was a year old today. I will admit, knowing my little girl had grown so much brought a few tears to my eyes. She was a little off all day--she didn't want to nap at all! Grandma and I spoiled her all day--hanging out, going for a walk to enjoy the weather, and of course, presents!
A chair all of her own!
The cutest lady bug doll for my cute little lady bug girl!
A few books to catch up on her reading...
Annika was so exhausted from no napping that when it came time for her digging in of the cake she had NO interest at all. A cake maker/decorator I am not, but I managed to make her a cute little Ladybug cake.
Annika will hopefully feel up to it tomorrow, and dig into the cake. In the meantime, she is all tuckered out from being so old, and went to bed this evening without a fight:

3 comments:

AuntieQue, but not antique said...

LOL She's so cute!

Sarah said...

OMG she looks so much like Natalie in that second picture! How fun! I wish we could have been there to help you celebrate!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.